FACIAL REJUVENATION ACUPUNCTURE
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is often referred to as Acupuncture Facelift. It is not a new technique though!
Findings in history show that during the Song Dynasty (AD 960-1279) the Chinese Empress and the Emperor’s concubines received acupuncture to aid rejuvenation and promote anti-aging. Before then (as far back as AD 589), there is evidence of beauty balms and herbal preparations used for skin problems, anti-aging and skin rejuvenation. This natural procedure is a great alternative to Western treatments and with the added benefits of:
- Being cost effective, it is cheaper than Western medical therapies/procedures
- Mostly painless, safe, no side effects or risks of disfigurement, unlike Western procedures
- No trauma, unlike surgery
- Natural way to health in general and feeling and looking younger
Treatment and number of sessions needed to notice improvements.
The treatment involves a combination of acupuncture (face, body and scalp) and facial rejuvenation massage including the use of cupping, guasha and jade derma roller.
A complete course of treatment is 10 to 12 sessions, preferably once a week. Patients will respond differently to treatments depending also on individual factors related to diet, exercise and lifestyle. Noticeable results are usually achieved half way through the course of treatments.
A session will last 1 and half hour. The initial session for new patients will consist of a very thorough intake form, which will enable the acupuncturist to better define a treatment plan specifically for your individual needs, and an initial treatment. Points are chosen by observing the face and taking note of the problem areas. Body acupuncture is added to treat underlying imbalances and symptoms which will enhance the treatment’s effects.
Following the course of treatments, it is advisable to have regular maintenance treatments, the regularity of which can be discussed with the acupuncturist.
How does it work and what can you expect from Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture treatments?
Hair-thin needles are gently inserted into specific points on the face to facilitate the movement of blood, lymph and stimulate the production of collagen. This increases nutrition to the skin’s surface, helps with the regeneration of healthy skin cell, increases the skin’s ability to prevent infections and clogged pored and rehydrates the skin.
Therefore, benefits of the treatment are:
- Reduced sagginess and increased muscle tone, improving the skin’s elasticity
- Lifting of droopy eyelids and decreased puffiness around the eyes
- Reduction of wrinkles and deep lines and disappearance of fine lines
- Enhanced local circulation of blood and lymph around the face leading to overall rejuvenation and enhanced appearance
- Skin feels radiant and healthier